Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Elderly care initiative raises concerns
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- March 29th, 2012 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 24th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2012 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- March 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 20th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 17th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- March 13th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 6th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Elderly care initiative raises concerns|
A proposal to fold the Governor's Office of Elderly Affairs into the state Department of Health and Hospitals has raised the ire of some of the state's retired citizens.
Moving Elderly Affairs from the executive office of the governor to a sub-cabinet position in DHH is just one of Gov. Bobby Jindal's proposals to streamline state operations and improve services, according to deputy health secretary Kathy Kliebert.
Kliebert was on hand Monday to address concerns raised by local councils on aging and members of the elderly community, at a meeting at the University of Louisiana-Monroe College of Pharmacy.
Numerous elderly care groups and organizations have mobilized against Jindal's proposal to relocate Elderly Affairs, with many claiming the move would make services more difficult for senior citizens to obtain.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!