Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: What makes a property commercial?
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- March 29th, 2012 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 24th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2012 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- March 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 20th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 17th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- March 13th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 6th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|What makes a property commercial?|
Have you ever asked the question, "what makes a property commercial"?
I can remember when the south side of Thomas Road at I-20 did not have a single commercial development and many were saying the commercial zone would never cross the interstate. Now there is both large retail and restaurant row.
I remember when Tower Drive ended at Oliver Road and today it is the area's most up-scale office and retail corridor. I also remember seeing pictures of Oliver Road lined with row houses. Or what about Pecanland Mall when it was only an open field? And the list is endless everywhere you look: what was once open land or houses is now commercial development. Occasionally it will be said to me, "My property, you know, is really commercial"? How do we know if a property's highest and best use is commercial development?
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.