Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Martha Jane Anderson: March 1, 2012
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- March 29th, 2012 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 24th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2012 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- March 21st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 20th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 17th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- March 15th, 2012 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- March 13th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 8th, 2012 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 6th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2012 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Martha Jane Anderson: March 1, 2012|
In Monroe/West Monroe, we have enjoyed spring in February. We better be prepared for a cold and very windy March!
Close friend, Gwen Henry Hardy, is moving to a fabulous new house next to son and daughter-in-law, Bo and Catherine Hardy, on Country Lane. She is refurbishing an already great home of former Monroyans, Evelyn and Roy Cole. The gardens of azaleas and brick lined walkways and patios are simply like something from Architectual Digest.
Everyone who knows our friend Lillian Riser Gentry loves her. We were talking the other day and Lillian said, "Martha Jane, I simply refuse to say anything negative about anyone I call my friend."
That statement gives us insight into the very heart of Lillian. It reminds me of a favorite scripture, "Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ, God forgave you." Ephesians 4:32 NIV. That is just one of the many reasons Lillian has so many friends; one knows she will not say derogatory things at someone else's expense.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Martha Jane Anderson retired from University of Louisiana-Monroe after 35 years of service as Assistant Dean of Students and SGA Advisor. She is married to Patrick H. Anderson Sr., has two children, and four grandchildren.