Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Playoff possibilities numerous in ladies hoop action
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- February 29th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 28th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 25th, 2012 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- February 24th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 23rd, 2012 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 22nd, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 19th, 2012 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 17th, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 16th, 2012 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- February 15th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 9th, 2012 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- February 3rd, 2012 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 2nd, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- February 1st, 2012 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Playoff possibilities numerous in ladies hoop action|
The girls' basketball season has one week left remaining and there are several questions that remain unanswered heading in the final week.
With several district championships still undecided and teams fighting for home field advantage in the first two rounds of the playoffs, every game has meaning.
In prep basketball, the "Top 8" seeds have an increased likelihood of hosting the first two rounds of the playoffs. Thirty two from each class will advance to the post season tournament.
District champions from each district automatically qualify for the playoffs. The remaining "wild card" teams are decided from the power rankings.
The LHSAA playoff brackets for girls and boys basketball will be released on Friday, February 17th after 12:00 p.m.
In District 2-5A, the Natchitoches Central Lady Chiefs (22-5, 6-0) have clinched the district championship. Ouachita (24-6, 3-3) hosts Pineville (21-6, 3-2) on Friday night with second
place in district on the line.
With only five regular season losses, the West Monroe Lady Rebels (23-5, 2-3) are currently ranked seventh in the latest power rankings provided by www.kenramsey.com.
Photo Courtesy of Kelley Photography
Photo Caption: West Monroe junior forward Taylor Holzmeier (33) defends the lane against Ruston senior Shadaria Crawford (23). The Lady Rebels defeated Ruston 49-24 to remain ranked in the top ten girls basketball teams in Class 5A.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!