Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: 'If I were the devil'
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- January 30th, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 26th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- January 25th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 19th, 2012 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- January 17th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- January 11th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2012 (Monday) - 3 articles
- January 7th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 5th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- January 3rd, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|'If I were the devil'|
I was impressed with this article by Paul Harvey, and it's just too good to pass up. I hope you find it, as I did, "Right on Target!"
If I were the prince of darkness I'd want to engulf the whole world in darkness. I'd have a third of its real estate and four fifths of its population. But I wouldn't be happy until I'd seized the ripest apple on the tree, "Thee." So I'd set about however necessary to take over the United States. I'd subvert the churches first.
I'd begin with a campaign of whispers. With the wisdom of a serpent I would whisper to you as I whispered to Eve, "do as you please." To the young I would whisper that the Bible is a myth. I would convince them that man created God, instead of the other way around. I would confide that what's bad is good and what's good is square. And to the old I would teach to pray after me, ratings I'd keep the mesmerizing media fanning the flame.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!