Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: District play begins for parish boys basketball teams
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- January 30th, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 26th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- January 25th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 19th, 2012 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- January 17th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- January 11th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2012 (Monday) - 3 articles
- January 7th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 5th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- January 3rd, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|District play begins for parish boys basketball teams|
This week, the 2011-2012 prep boys' basketball season enters its second phase as parish teams tip off district play.
Ouachita Parish features five teams ranked in the top team in the latest power rankings by kenramsey.com. Ken Ramsey's power rankings are not officially used by the LHSAA, but they do provide a guideline for area teams' to get an estimate of where they might fall in the playoffs.
In the latest power rankings, West Monroe (17-3) is ranked sixth in Class 5A, Neville (10-5) is seventh in Class 4A, Richwood (18-5) issecond while Carroll (11-4) is third in Class 3A and Sterlington (17-2) rounds out the parish top ten schools at seventh in Class 2A.
District 2-3A appears to be the toughest district in the state regardless of class with four out of the five teams in the top ten in power rankings. Currently, Richwood (19-5, 1-0) is ranked number two while defending Class 3A state champion Carroll (12-4, 1-0) is ranked third.
Despite only having two losses in nineteen games, Madison is ranked number four and Farmerville (16-4, 0-1) is ranked number seven. Rayville (12-6) rounds out the district at number 37..
This season is not the only year that District 2-3A has been a power among the 3A ranks. Last year, Richwood earned the top playoff seedwhile Carroll earned the third seed and Madison was the fourth.
PHOTO BY KELLEY PHOTOGRAPHY
Photo Caption: West Monroe's senior Toney Foster (24) tries to tip in the ball while Ouachita's sophomore point guard Cameron Sims (14) goes for the block. The Lions defeated the Rebels to claim their fifth straight Don Redden Championship. Ouachita and West Monroe will play for the third time this season on Friday night at West Monroe High School.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!