Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Tigers' Miles chasing history in Battle of SEC heavyweights
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- December 2012 - 131 articles
- November 2012 - 191 articles
- October 2012 - 183 articles
- September 2012 - 186 articles
- August 2012 - 211 articles
- July 2012 - 134 articles
- June 2012 - 139 articles
- May 2012 - 212 articles
- April 2012 - 167 articles
- March 2012 - 165 articles
- February 2012 - 129 articles
- January 2012 - 106 articles
- January 30th, 2012 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 26th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- January 25th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 19th, 2012 (Thursday) - 22 articles
- January 17th, 2012 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 12th, 2012 (Thursday) - 26 articles
- January 11th, 2012 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2012 (Monday) - 3 articles
- January 7th, 2012 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- January 5th, 2012 (Thursday) - 24 articles
- January 3rd, 2012 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Tigers' Miles chasing history in Battle of SEC heavyweights|
Paul "Bear" Bryant once said "That playing in Tiger's Stadium was like being in drum. "
Well come Monday night, the Mercedez Benz Superdome just might be Tiger Stadium with a lid on it.
A perfect season, a second National Championship, and a chance to carve his own mark to Mike's Liar are just a few of the prizes awaiting Les Miles and his #1 LSU Tigers this Monday night in the "Big Easy."
Kickoff between the nation's top two ranked teams is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. with ESPN televising the game.
LSU, winners of a nation's best 14 straight games, is 13-0 overall and ranked No. 1 in the nation. Included in one of LSU's wins was a 9-6 overtime victory over Alabama in Tuscaloosa. The Crimson Tide is 11-1 overall and ranked No. 2 in the nation. It's the first time that LSU and Alabama have met in the postseason.
"Everybody returned and it was a pretty lively practice," LSU coach Les Miles said after the workout. "We started a little rusty but that is why we get them back early. They had a lot of retention and we ran well after practice. We were able to get a lot accomplished. We are still working on the game plan and going LSU vs. LSU. We had a good practice today."
The Tigers worked out against the Alabama scout team on Monday but also spent time going "good against good" in an effort to simulate the speed of the game in two weeks. Miles said the Tigers will continue to spend a portion of each practice going "LSU against LSU".
Miles said that his team is excited to be finishing the season in the Superdome in New Orleans, a venue that has seen the Tigers win national titles in both 2003 and 2007. LSU goes into the Alabama game having won nine straight in domed stadiums and the Tigers are 24-6 all-time in domed venues.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!