Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Prep hoopsters hit the hardwood
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- December 30th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 29th, 2011 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 22nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 15th, 2011 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- December 13th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 12th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 10th, 2011 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 8th, 2011 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- December 7th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 5th, 2011 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 4th, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 3rd, 2011 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- December 2nd, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 1st, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Prep hoopsters hit the hardwood|
Success seems to be rubbing off from the football field to the West Monroe basketball programs with both the Rebels and Lady Rebels sitting among the top in District 2-5A.
At the Christmas break, the West Monroe boys' basketball team has started the season with an 11-2 record while the Lady Rebels are almost perfect with a 13-1 mark.
Since dropping back-to-back games to Scotlandville (43-46) and Richwood (68-71), the Rebels have won seven games in a row by an average of 16 points en route to their 12-2 record. If the Rebels want to be successful for a post-season run, they will have to survive a very tough district schedule: Each team in District 2-5A has winning record.
"We are coming together as a team right now," West Monroe Head Boys Basketball coach said. "Our strength is our defense and we are trying to build a tradition here at West Monroe. Coach Sidney Smith won over 200 games made 4 trips to the top 28. We want to build on that tradition."
Sitting atop of the group is Natchitoches Central with a 12-2 mark. The Pineville Rebels are in second at 8-4, while parish rival the Ouachita Lions is in third at 8-5. The Ruston Bearcats are in last place with a respectable 7-6 record.
PHOTO CREDIT: Monica Huff - Ouachita Citizen
Photo Caption - RICHWOOD RAMS guard Reginald Johnson (24) goes for lay up while the Franklin Parish Patriots try to stop him.Richwood defeated the home standing Patriots 79-72 and currently have a record of 12-3.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!