Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Give thanks for national heritage we enjoy
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- December 30th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 29th, 2011 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 22nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 15th, 2011 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- December 13th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 12th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 10th, 2011 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 8th, 2011 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- December 7th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 5th, 2011 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 4th, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 3rd, 2011 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- December 2nd, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 1st, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Give thanks for national heritage we enjoy|
As we come to the close of another year, I would like to change this week to a subject that has been on my mind for some time.
Christmas is a special time of the year for Christians all over the world. To some it will bring memories of oppression and persecution, to some memories of fear of death for their faith but to we who are so fortunate to live in America a sense of the joy that permeates our nation with the right to worship, to work, to play, to enjoy freedom and yes the right to own property.
Nowhere else on earth is the right of private property ownership so much a part of a national heritage we enjoy. Many in our country have seen the result of a denial of this basic American freedom in other countries around the world. When a nation denies or limits private property ownership the results are a government controlled freedom that we consider as a 'God given right' in the pursuit of individual liberty.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.