Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Looking at Christmas!
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- December 30th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 29th, 2011 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 22nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 15th, 2011 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- December 13th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 12th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 10th, 2011 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 8th, 2011 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- December 7th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 5th, 2011 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 4th, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 3rd, 2011 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- December 2nd, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 1st, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Looking at Christmas!|
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"…and this is not only a happy song, but a good description of the way things are looking all around us here in late December.
But, let's face it, the Christmas season is on us…and no matter what one's personal view of Christmas may be…purely heathen…purely Christian…or a culturally blended mix of these…no one who really cares about their fellow-man can fail to see, and appreciate, the wonder and beauty of the spirit that pervades our lives at this season.
While I am not at all sold on this as the specific date, along with some of the material trappings and the commercialization connected with Christmas, I am very much sold on our nation getting back to God…back to prayer…back to Jesus…not just a babe in the manger…but our God given savior. I saw an interesting comment on this very idea in another newspaper, by Mike Suiter. He observed: "It's December! People (and retailers) are getting focused on Christmas. But there's something sad about a world that keeps baby Jesus safe in a manger in Bethlehem…a world that takes Him out once a year and plays with him for a little while and then puts him back in the closet until next Christmas. HE IS NOT A BABY SAVIOR!"
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.