Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM blasts FAU 26-0 Warhawks end season with dominating road victory
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- December 30th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 29th, 2011 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 22nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- December 15th, 2011 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- December 13th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 12th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 10th, 2011 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 8th, 2011 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- December 7th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 5th, 2011 (Monday) - 2 articles
- December 4th, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- December 3rd, 2011 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- December 2nd, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- December 1st, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM blasts FAU 26-0 Warhawks end season with dominating road victory|
ULM could not have scripted its season finale much better that what took place on the turf of FAU Stadium on Saturday evening.
The Warhawks dominated the Owls from start to finish on both sides of the football in a 26-0 victory — the final game for Florida Atlantic head coach Howard Schnellenberger.
The ULM defense held Florida Atlantic to just 148 yards of offense in the game, while the Warhawks blistered the Owls for 424 yards. ULM rushed for 231 yards on 52 carries and worked an efficient passing game for 193 yards on 17 completions. The Warhawks tallied 20 first downs in the game to establish a new single-season school record with 263 (12 better than the previous mark).
"Our defense played extremely well. They had their backs to the wall a couple of times and responded," ULM head coach Todd Berry said. "It's been like that all season long. Offensively, we were a little bit out of sync. Florida Atlantic has a nice defensive football team and they created some pressures on us. There are some things we have to address on offense, but we ran the ball effectively and made some big plays."
ULM's defense forced five three-and-outs on 11 Florida Atlantic drives as the Warhawks pitched their first shutout since blanking Texas Southern in 2009. It was the first shutout by a ULM defense in a conference game since a 35-0 victory over FIU in 2006. The Warhawks controlled the ball for 36:50 in the contest, thanks to the defensive three-and-outs and converting on 12-of-18 third-down attempts on offense.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!