Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Development continues on Cypress
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- November 30th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- November 29th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 28th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 26th, 2011 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- November 25th, 2011 (Friday) - 20 articles
- November 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- November 22nd, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 20th, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 19th, 2011 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- November 17th, 2011 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- November 16th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- November 15th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 13th, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- November 12th, 2011 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- November 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- November 7th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- November 6th, 2011 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- November 4th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- November 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- November 1st, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Development continues on Cypress|
I have just returned from Colorado and let me share one story before getting into happenings on the local scene.
I took Will, my 11-year-old grandson on our first fly fishing trip. We met our guide at a place with a swift flowing stream of water and proceeded to fish for rainbow and brown trout.
Within two hours we had caught four trout. However, I discovered a dirty little secret about fly fishing that I had never heard about. Fly fishing is a lot like rodeo bull riding. A fish is counted caught if you can keep it on your line for eight seconds. Seems strange to me. So while we caught four trout, we didn't actually take any home.
I have been asked by a lot of you what is being built on the 1.4-acre tract that recently sold at the corner of Cypress Street and Downing Pines Road where they are clearing the land for construction.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.