Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Sparks fly in sheriff's race
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- October 27th, 2011 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- October 26th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- October 23rd, 2011 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2011 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 20th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- October 18th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2011 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- October 11th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 10th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2011 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 5th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2011 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Sparks fly in sheriff's race|
Just days before voters go to the polls to cast ballots in the Ouachita Parish sheriff's race, two candidates are at odds over finances at Ouachita Correctional Center.
"I don't think he'd be so irresponsible as to fabricate a campaign issue for his own benefit," said Ouachita Parish chief deputy Jay Russell, speaking of a series of campaign advertisements broadcast by one of his opponents.
In a series of television and print ads and a video posted on the Web site YouTube, former West Monroe Police Chief Larry LaBorde accuses Sheriff Royce Toney of manipulating the prisoner population at OCC to benefit the Sheriff's Office's budget.
LaBorde and Russell are two of the five sheriff's candidates who will meet in the Saturday, Oct. 22 primary election. The five are vying to succeed Toney, who chose not to seek re-election.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!