Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Strange people I have met
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- October 27th, 2011 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- October 26th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- October 23rd, 2011 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- October 22nd, 2011 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- October 20th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- October 18th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 13th, 2011 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- October 11th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- October 10th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- October 6th, 2011 (Thursday) - 44 articles
- October 5th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 2nd, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- October 1st, 2011 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Strange people I have met|
Yes, now in my 59th year as a gospel preacher, I have come in contact with some very strange people…like the lady who, when asked to think about becoming a Christian, said: "Oh, no…I don't need to do that, I have my own religion…I listen to the television preachers, and I love to hear the religious songs like "Help Me Make It Through The Night." (Wow…I wonder if she ever listened to the rest of the words of that song…"Take the ribbon from our hair…shake it loose, and let it fall…I don't care what's right or wrong…just help me make it through the night") Someone else commented about some of the strange people they had met:
*PEOPLE who talk about prayer, but who never pray…except when in trouble.
*PEOPLE who claim to belong to a church, but never attend or support it.
*PEOPLE who say they believe the Bible is God's word to man, but never read it.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.