Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Statistics show favorable numbers for Ouachita
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- September 29th, 2011 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- September 27th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2011 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- September 22nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- September 21st, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 15th, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- September 13th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 9th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- September 7th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- September 4th, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 3rd, 2011 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 1st, 2011 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Statistics show favorable numbers for Ouachita|
The most recent statistical numbers, as prepared by Robert Eisenstadt of the Department of Economics at ULM, are now available. They include the Monroe metropolitan statistical area (Ouachita and Union Parishes), the City of Monroe and the 12 parish area called Northeast Louisiana. A study of the data reveals some interesting and surprising information.
From 2000 to 2010 the population in Louisiana has grown 1.4 percent while Ouachita Parish has grown 4.4 percent The average age of the population in Ouachita Parish is 34.1 years, with the largest age group the 0-19 year olds. If we are able to retain this group as they age, it will provide a significant work force, produce buyers for the products sold in the parish and result in a viable economy for the future.
The total population of Ouachita Parish is 153,720. The median income for Ouachita Parish is $37,928. A real surprise is the only Parish in the 12 parish area of Northeast Louisiana with a higher median income is West Carroll Parish at $38,038.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at email@example.com.