Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Dianne Cage: September 8, 2011
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- September 29th, 2011 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- September 27th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2011 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- September 22nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- September 21st, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 15th, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- September 13th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 9th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- September 7th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- September 4th, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 3rd, 2011 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 1st, 2011 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Dianne Cage: September 8, 2011|
"September Morn.We danced until the night became a brand new day..A September Morn can still make me feel that way!" Neil Diamond! I love that song in glorious September!
Dove Hunting is another September favorite. Hope all had a good hunt. We always pick our little birds. Wrap them in half strip of bacon, secure with toothpicks, marinate in anything handy, throw them on medium hot charcoal and grill them, just until done, not too long. Doctor up the marinade that you have heated and pour over. I serve this with Jalapeño cheese grits and steamed fresh green beans. Yum!
Years ago I had Joe Oliveros, the famous federal game warden in our area, on my KNOE television show. Joe was this blond headed, blue eyed, boyish looking face, soft spoken kind of guy! In the hunting world of North Louisiana, he could have been Godzilla. He was much feared. I asked Joe which season of hunting was the most difficult, keeping our hunters within the federal rules. He said, hands down it was the opening of Dove Season.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Dianne Cage writes a bi-weekly lifestyle column for The Ouachita Citizen. She and her husband, Mike Cage, live in Monroe.