Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Warriors head to LaSalle
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- September 29th, 2011 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- September 27th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 25th, 2011 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- September 22nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- September 21st, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 15th, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- September 13th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 12th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 9th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 8th, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- September 7th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- September 4th, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- September 3rd, 2011 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 1st, 2011 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Warriors head to LaSalle|
The St. Frederick Warriors football team hopes to regroup and make an impact on the field Friday as they travel to play the LaSalle Tigers in a 7 p.m. contest.
St. Frederick lost their jamboree contest last week to Delhi Charter School, 36-7. The Warriors could not overcome turnovers and penalties that continuously stalled offensive drives.
It was a game where the Warriors saw plenty of things they can improve upon this Friday.
"We got beat 36-7," St. Frederick head coach Chad Swanberg said. "That is not acceptable. We played hard. The boys are young but they are learning."
Despite having a lineup made up of many sophomores and juniors, the Warriors will not let their inexperience on the field be a fall back plan this season.
"Inexperience is not an excuse," Swanberg said. "We make no excuses. There are no excuses for losing 36-7 in a jamboree against anybody, but Coach (Bret) Raley and Delhi Charter, they are a great opponent, they are a great program and they do a great job with those kids.
As the team prepares to open the regular season against LaSalle, Swanberg is excited for the chance to get better for the games that count.
"We are going to continue to work hard," Swanberg said. "We just made too many mistakes. We have to give good effort Monday through Thursday and then we might have a shot on Friday."
While Swanberg is in his first year as St. Frederick head coach, he is very familiar with the LaSalle Tigers.
"Derrek White does a great job with that team," Swanberg said. "I know their schemes because we played them last year when I was the offensive coordinator. I am familiar with LaSalle. We have to go back to work. We have to know our jobs and we have to execute our jobs."
The game will be broadcast live by 1680 AM in Monroe.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!