Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Ruston thriving
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- August 30th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 25th, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- August 24th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2011 (Friday) - 4 articles
- August 18th, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- August 17th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- August 15th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 11th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- August 4th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
While Monroe and West Monroe continue to add businesses and restaurants and experience moderate economic growth we are not alone. Our neighbor to the west, the city of Ruston, continues to add new restaurants and other commercial developments to its community.
The Lodestar Steak House is under construction on the I-20 North side Service Road, at the previous location of the Ford auto dealership. This will be the first national steakhouse to compete with Rabb's, the very popular and very local steak restaurant that has been the preference of the locals for decades.
Another new Ruston development is the mixed use center Northside Plaza located on Hwy. 33. The developer/owner is Karl Malone of Louisiana Tech and NBA Basketball fame. The planned development is for retail, office and limited residential multi-family. To date, tenants include Fox's Pizza and the recently opened Maggie Moos. The Teriaki Grill is scheduled to open soon. While it may take several years, this development will become a bright light in the Ruston community.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at email@example.com.