Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Weekly devotional and church listings: August 18, 2011
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- August 30th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 25th, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- August 24th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2011 (Friday) - 4 articles
- August 18th, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- August 17th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- August 15th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 11th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- August 4th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Weekly devotional and church listings: August 18, 2011|
By Andy Grant
Some of the best advice my wife and I ever received came before we were married.
Linda and I were in the hometown of my grandmother and we visited one of her sisters-in-law, whom was affectionally known to me as Aunt Effie.
Aunt Effie and her husband, who had gone on to be with the Lord several years earlier, did not have any children, however they were some of the wisest people I ever knew when it came to a lasting and happy marriage.
As Linda and I visited Aunt Effie, who was in the hospital and in the last days of her life on earth, she called us close to her bed to tell us something. She grabbed my hand and one of Linda's hands and told us that the secret to a healthy marriage and a loving marriage was to never go to bed angry at each other.
"Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled," she said.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!