Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: District 35 splits into six parishes
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- August 30th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 25th, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- August 24th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2011 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2011 (Friday) - 4 articles
- August 18th, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- August 17th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- August 15th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 11th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- August 4th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|District 35 splits into six parishes|
Editor's Note: This is the fifth in a series of articles showcasing the changes in state legislative district lines as this fall's elections near. The Legislature tackled redistricting legislative districts in a special legislative session earlier this year. Congressional and legislative district lines were redrawn to reflect population changes revealed in the 2010 Census.
By Scott Rogers
The biggest change to come out of the special legislative session on redistricting for Senate District 35 was increasing the number of parishes represented from three to six.
District 35 is currently represented by Sen. Bob Kostelka, R-Monroe, who recently officially announced his candidacy for re-election.
So far, Kostelka will face Republicans Harris Brown, a Monroe businessman, and Jeff Guerriero, a Monroe attorney, who both officially announced their candidacies last week.
The primary election is Oct. 22.
Before the changes in the recent special legislative session on redistricting, District 35 served the parishes of Jackson, Lincoln and Ouachita. Now, Senate District 35 encompasses Grant, Lincoln, Jackson, Ouachita, Rapides and Winn parishes.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!