Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Agencies team up for sobriety checkpoint Friday
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- June 30th, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- June 29th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 27th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 24th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 23rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- June 22nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 20th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 16th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- June 15th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 9th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- June 8th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 3rd, 2011 (Friday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- June 1st, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Agencies team up for sobriety checkpoint Friday|
On Friday, July 1, 2011, the West Monroe Police Department will conduct a sobriety checkpoint from 9 p.m.-3 a.m.
The goal of the checkpoint will be to intercept and incarcerate impaired drivers before they have a chance to cause injury to themselves, their passengers, or members of the public. Additionally we want to make sure that our residents and visitors to our city are able to drive through the community in an environment that is as safe as we can possibly make it. Statistics show that almost half of all fatal accidents involve impaired drivers.
We look at this as an opportunity for positive, proactive enforcement.
Other agencies assisting in the checkpoint include the Louisiana State Police, Monroe Police Department, Morehouse Parish Sheriff's Department, Bastrop Police Department, University of Louisiana at Monroe Police Department, and the Union Parish Sheriff's Department.
The checkpoint will be at an undisclosed location inside the City Limits of West Monroe.