Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: When things begin to fall apart
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- June 30th, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- June 29th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 27th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 24th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 23rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- June 22nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 20th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 16th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- June 15th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 9th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- June 8th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 3rd, 2011 (Friday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- June 1st, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|When things begin to fall apart|
What are the telltale signs that old age is approaching and you are in the fourth quarter of your life? The main culprit is that every body part has begun to break down. No matter how hard that you worked as a young person to build up your body, age is going to win; no matter what.
When I was in my late teens, I lifted weights a lot. I was not doing this to delay aging, but to become bigger. I was certainly not considered a very big guy; especially for a football player. But years of working hard on the weights, I did gain weight and increased the size of my chest, arms, thighs, neck, and calves.
Now for those of you who have ever weight trained, you know that the calves are the hardest part of the body to increase in size. There is nothing more awkward looking than to have a well built upper body that is sitting on sticks. I did toe raisers until my calves would burn like they were on fire. And I was successful increasing the size of my calves. Now after all of this explanation, I am getting to the reason for giving you this information.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.