Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Transgressor's way is hard
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- June 30th, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- June 29th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 27th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 24th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 23rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- June 22nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 20th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 16th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- June 15th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 9th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- June 8th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 3rd, 2011 (Friday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- June 1st, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Transgressor's way is hard|
It is painfully obvious that this wonderful country of ours is in serious trouble…socially, educationally, physically and morally. Of these, let's zero in on morality.
It is not possible to give honest consideration to the moral dilemma of our nation without also looking closely at our social problems. Many, if not most, of our social ills are simply results of the "fall out" from the moral storms raging about us!
In his book, "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire", Edward Gibbon observes that one of the main causes of the collapse of the greatest nation on the face of the earth was the breakdown of the family. This was aggravated by a continual obsession with armament and a continual increase in taxes! Wow…is this "déjà vu" or what? Is this not a disturbing array of conditions that are right up there at the top of the list in America today?
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.