Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Attention to all fathers
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- June 30th, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- June 29th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 27th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 24th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 23rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- June 22nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 20th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 16th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- June 15th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 9th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- June 8th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 3rd, 2011 (Friday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- June 1st, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Attention to all fathers|
It was the best of times…it was the worst of times…it was a time to try men's souls" That is the way Charles Dickens put it in "A Tale of Two Cities"…and it pretty well says how things could be described today, as we look at Father's Day 2011." Actually, that is not very far from God's statement through the wise man Solomon (Eccl.3) "There is a time for everything…"
so; let's think about this being a time for FATHERS. If there has ever been a time when the right kind of fathers was needed…it's now. Since God designated fathers as head of the home (Eph. 5:23), he has to be the leader of the family. This is serious business. Children have always suffered or rejoiced as a result of conduct of their parents. Sort of like the little first grade boy who was asked by his teacher: "Where do baby wildcats come from?"
His response was: "I guess they came from momma and daddy wildcats. Well, what can we fathers do to meet the challenges of our time? I don't claim to have found all the answers, but with four children ten grandchildren, and five great grandchildren, I have found some things that help me…and maybe they will help you too.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.