Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Development continues
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- June 30th, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- June 29th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 27th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 24th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 23rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- June 22nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 20th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 16th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- June 15th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 9th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- June 8th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 3rd, 2011 (Friday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- June 1st, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
As the retail, restaurant and commercial market continues to expand in Ouachita Parish with more national franchises having an eye on this market the question is where we can expect more development to occur. Determining factors continue to be centers of population growth, average household income and high traffic arteries. These demographic patterns will drive future development in our area. Let me try and identify the areas where you will see other development. Beginning in the West Ouachita area.
Cypress at Well Road has become a catalyst for development. Ouachita Valley Federal Credit Union opened a new branch this week on Well Road. This impressive building was designed by Tim Brandon and Associates and represents the latest in financial facility design. Congratulations to the Officers and Board of Directors of Ouachita Valley for their vision to serve their expanding membership. Also look for a new development at this intersection in front of Mac's Supermarket. Randal McDonald's new Subway location and the new Burger King have proven the value of expanding in this area. I believe that Claiborne Methodist at some point will consider relocation, further opening the intersection up for commercial development and the Randy Twist Property will soon find a suitable buyer for his prime location.
The southwest corner of I-20 and Highway 546 (Cheniere Road) has been sold. This six-acre site where once was a lounge and most recently The Red Door, will be redeveloped in the near future. Plans are now being drawn for a large modern development which I will announce soon.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.