Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Fundraiser benefits local food bank
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- June 30th, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- June 29th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 27th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 24th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 23rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- June 22nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 20th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 16th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- June 15th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- June 9th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- June 8th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- June 3rd, 2011 (Friday) - 3 articles
- June 2nd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- June 1st, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Fundraiser benefits local food bank|
Jeff Elliott of Elliott Entertainment will play his famous legends country and rock and roll music to help fight hunger at a Country Western Dance and Fundraiser for the benefit of The Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana on Saturday, June 11, from 7-11 p.m. at the West Monroe Convention Center. Proceeds from the dance will benefit the food bank.
Belinda Carver, who works at the food bank, said it works year round to provide services to families in need who are at risk of going hungry.
"For every donated dollar, the food bank distributes six pounds of food. This is a great opportunity to "kick up your heels" and at the same time help those less fortunate in our community," Carver said.
Elliott added, "When I play my music and people are dancing, we will all be glad to help with the food bank's goal to help the hungry in our area." Sponsors are needed to make the benefit a great success.
For information about sponsorships or to reserve tables for eight, call Judy Wilson at 342-8807 or e-mail email@example.com.
During the evening a 50-50 raffle will be held, door prizes will be given away, and a "surprise" entertainment will be presented during intermission. A cash bar and snack bar will be available.
Admission is $10 each with a canned food donation or $15 with no canned goods, at the door only. Doors open at 6:30 p.m..