Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Franchises moving in
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- May 30th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 26th, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 25th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 19th, 2011 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- May 18th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- May 11th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 5th, 2011 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- May 4th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- May 2nd, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Franchises moving in|
Our area continues to attract the attention of national franchise groups. The areas of concentrated synergy are attracting an increasing number of national groups caused in part by our lack of the extreme effect many areas have suffered with the economic downturn.
The franchiser spends much time and money in the study and analysis of where new opportunities are available and the Monroe/West Monroe area is on their radar. This will continue to result in the opening of more national or regional franchise operations. For many years we have had a reputation of a large per capita population that frequents restaurants of all types. This has resulted in a food industry opinion 'if you can't make it here you can't make it anywhere' resulting in the continued explosion of new franchised and national restaurants.
The Thomas Road corridor continues to re-develop with old locations such as Shoney's Restaurant disappearing and new development emerging. The former Shoney's site will now be a new AT&T Wireless Retail Store. Also the corner of Thomas Road and Glenwood Drive where a former Texaco Station and Quick Lube once stood will be re-developed into two specialty restaurant sites, Five Guys Burgers & Fries and Orange Leaf Yogurt.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.