Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Asking Christ to come into our heart
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- May 30th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 26th, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 25th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 19th, 2011 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- May 18th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- May 11th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 5th, 2011 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- May 4th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- May 2nd, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Asking Christ to come into our heart|
Everyone paying attention knows that differing churches hold to different conditions or requirements for salvation. And, everyone who studies the Bible knows that to be wrong…against the pleading of our God in I Corinthians 1:10-13 "I appeal to you, brothers in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you…What I mean is this: One of you says, 'I follow Paul"; another, 'I follow Apollos', another, 'I follow Cephas'; still another, 'I follow Christ'. Is Christ divided?..."
A major…and vital example of this dividing doctrine is found in the widely accepted idea of sins being forgiven simply by "Asking Christ to come into your heart and take away your sins". We are also told that this will result in one's being "Born again".
A very timely example of this just landed at my door…right in the midst of my finishing this article, our paper carried a very popular column saying "By a simple prayer of faith, you can ask Christ to come into your life right now…and he will"
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.