Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Webber interested in state superintendent job
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- May 30th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 26th, 2011 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 25th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 19th, 2011 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- May 18th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- May 11th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 5th, 2011 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- May 4th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- May 2nd, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Webber interested in state superintendent job|
Education reform and "bringing everyone together" would be top priorities for Ouachita Parish Schools Superintendent Dr. Bob Webber if he was tapped to become state superintendent.
Webber announced last week his interest in the state superintendent's position after Paul Pastorek resigned from the post. Pastorek stepped down with roughly six months left on his contract.
This week, Webber met with Gov. Bobby Jindal's executive counsel, Stephen Waguespack, regarding the state superintendent's position. Webber also discussed his ideas for education reform and other views on the state's public education system with Waguespack.
In the meantime, Jindal announced that John White was his preference to serve as interim state superintendent. White recently was hired to run the Recovery School District, which oversees a majority of New Orleans public schools.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!