Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Refuges hosts 'Family Fun Bio Blitz'
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- April 28th, 2011 (Thursday) - 43 articles
- April 27th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 26th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 21st, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- April 19th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 14th, 2011 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- April 13th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 12th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 7th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 6th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Refuges hosts 'Family Fun Bio Blitz'|
The U. S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, and Trailblazer, Inc. are teaming up with Girl Scouts of Louisiana Pines to the Gulf Council to offer the public an opportunity to enjoy a Family Fun Bio Blitz at beautiful Pine Wood Girl Scout Camp and Program Center located at Ouachita City near Sterlington.
The event will be held from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 30.
Activities will include bird migration game, wildlife challenge trail, eco-action water testing and other water activities, water safety fun, short guided hike to the river, children nature discovery packs, no trace demo camp site and more.
Pine Wood has a large lodge with a nature center wing. Families are invited to bring a lunch and drinks to enjoy an old fashion picnic.
Girls will be able to sign up for summer camp during the event. There will be give-a-ways.
The event is open to the public and there is no charge. Event made possible by a grant from Angus Chemical Company.
For more information or directions to Pine Wood, contact Katherine Stagg at 318 325-2691 or Gay Brantley at 318 387-1114.