Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: What does Easter really mean?
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- April 28th, 2011 (Thursday) - 43 articles
- April 27th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 26th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 21st, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- April 19th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 14th, 2011 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- April 13th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 12th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 7th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 6th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|What does Easter really mean?|
It's Easter again. So what? We will celebrate a holiday that millions have observed for so many generations. But does it actually matter personally to you?
Art Linkletter used to host a great show called "Kids Say the Darndest Things." One Easter season he was interviewing kids about what Easter means. One boy seemed to get it. He said, "Easter means that Jesus came out of the tomb!" Linkletter said, "Yes that's great isn't it?" The boy said, "Yeah but if he sees his shadow he goes back in for 40 days and 40 nights!"
I hope Easter is a little clearer than that to you! But seriously, what should it mean?
I just returned last week from leading 39 people to Israel. It was an amazing journey. Twice we ran into people from Louisiana. In a restaurant in Jerusalem we met friends from McClendon Baptist Church. And then we met folks from New Orleans – at the garden tomb!
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Dr. John Avant is the senior pastor at First Baptist Church of West Monroe. For more information on the church, go to www.firstwest.cc.