Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Dianne Cage: April 21, 2011
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- April 28th, 2011 (Thursday) - 43 articles
- April 27th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 26th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 21st, 2011 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- April 19th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 14th, 2011 (Thursday) - 29 articles
- April 13th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 12th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- April 7th, 2011 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 6th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 1st, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Dianne Cage: April 21, 2011|
"He arose, he arose..up up from the grave, he arose." I love that Fannie Crosby hymn! In fact anything Fannie wrote, those popping, hopping hymns, I always enjoy. It has a nice beat and the tune is happy and Mike Cage really gets with it. He has a wonderful church voice, he can go from a baritone and back to an ally cat tenor. He is fun to sit by in church. He is a good whistler too!
Happy Easter! I was reading my Daily Word for this Easter Day and I will share. "If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins." 1 Corinthians 15:17
"Israel's Roman occupiers had an answer for troublemakers: nail them to the cross! The cross should have been the end of Jesus, scattering his friends and followers. It took amazing courage for the women to come near Jesus' borrowed grave site. But what they discovered would turn the world upside down: "He is not here; for he has risen."
Resurrection lies outside the realm of ordinary proof. But sometimes proof can come from something neither visible nor understood. (The writer gives an example of one of Einstein's predictions.) So consider Jesus' dispirited disciples and friends hiding, fearing for their lives. Yet they become a force that changed the world. Something changed them profoundly! We cannot prove or even fully comprehend the Resurrection, but we can see its effect as the disciples experienced Jesus alive again.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Dianne Cage writes a bi-weekly lifestyle column for The Ouachita Citizen. She and her husband, Mike Cage, live in Monroe.