Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Terrorism and religion
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- March 29th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 25th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- March 17th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 16th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- March 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 2nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 1st, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Terrorism and religion|
Yes, we are living in a strange…even weird world! Everywhere we turn we see, hear and experience religious hatred, action and reaction…even to outright and prolonged war. There is bin-Laden vs Christians because, in his brand of religion we are "Infidels." That word means "unfaithful: or "unbelievers." Of course, to him and his followers that means we don't believe in what he, and they, believe.
Then there is Ireland. For many years the war between Catholics and Protestants has resulted in misery, suffering and countless deaths…all between "Christians"?
While still shaking our heads, we can look across the way to Palestine and Israel…only to find the same tragic story of hate and murder, often accompanied by proud boasts of those who did it. Much like the situation in Ireland, where they all claim to be Christians…Israel and Palestine are both descendants of Abraham…and both claiming to be God's special people!
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.