Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Mall area continues growth
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- March 29th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 25th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- March 17th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 16th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- March 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 2nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 1st, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Mall area continues growth|
The Pecanland Mall area continues to grow with new retail and other development under construction and more projected in the near future.
The improved intersection of Garrett Road and Millhaven Road is the first in a series of traffic access construction in the planning stage. Watch for expanded lanes to be added to the Garrett road overpass of I-20 in the near future and the construction of an I-20 Southside service road connecting Garrett Road and Nutland Road. The new service road will provide new building sites for retail and restaurants in this area. Access to the recently opened Delta Community College facility has created additional traffic at Garrett Road and I-20 that will continue the demand for future infrastructure.
The success of the Longhorn Steakhouse and the soon to be completed Chuck E. Cheese construction will only add to the continued 'synergy' of this area. Also under construction is the Towne Suite Hotel which will soon join the Marriot Courtyard and Residence Inn as the most recent addition to hotel development in this area. These upscale hotel products provide Pecanland Mall with a concentration of some of the best hotels in our area. Their continued success is the result of out-of-town Mall shoppers, proximity to the I-20 corridor and convenient access to the Regional Airport. Also the recent opening of the Stein Mart Store in the mall will only add to the attraction of shoppers to Pecanland.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at email@example.com.