Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: What's No. 1 threat to our health?
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- March 29th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 25th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- March 17th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 16th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- March 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 2nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 1st, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|What's No. 1 threat to our health?|
We could make a case for cancer as being the No. 1 threat to the health of mankind. Or we could say heart diseases. Or possibly diabetes. But none of these threats are the answer.
I believe that the No. 1 threat to the health of men and women is unforgiveness. I was searching for the definition of unforgiveness in the Webster's dictionary. I discovered to my dismay, that the word unforgiveness is not even listed in the dictionary. I searched the Oxford unabridged dictionary on the internet. Unforgiveness was not listed. I typed in unforgiveness into my computer's spell check. Unforgiveness was not listed.
After having given it some thought, it did make sense. Unforgiveness is such a black thought, a bitter emotion, that the word needed to be omitted from our language. The closest word that I could find for unforgiveness was forgiveness. Forgiveness is the exact opposite, or the antonym for "unforgiveness." Maybe this is God's lesson concerning unforgiveness. It is better for us to learn to omit it.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.