Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Are you ready for Daylight Savings?
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- March 29th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 25th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- March 17th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 16th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- March 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 2nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 1st, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Are you ready for Daylight Savings?|
Yes, here we are again at the "Spring forward in the spring" time. Since it happens to be the Sunday coming up, better set that clock or you'll be an hour late for church…and then late for school…late for work.
Saving time is a good thing, but what is TIME anyway? Well, there are several ways of looking at it. Time is something that, when it's gone, you can't bring it back…and what is ahead you cannot pull into today. Another way of looking at it is "Today is the tomorrow you were thinking about yesterday." Then, there is another explanation which the Bible gives us. Time is something God started (Genesis 1:1-19) and will also stop (Rev. 10:6). Someone has described time as "a bubble in the level of eternity"… something like the bubble in a carpenter's level.
Now, however we look at "Time", it is one of those things God has given us…and for which we will answer as to how we spent it. This being so, think about that wonderful old hymn, which you will find in most hymn books. Titled "Hold To God's U
unchanging Hand"…it says:
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.