Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Saved by the 'sinner's prayer'
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- March 29th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 25th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- March 17th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- March 16th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 34 articles
- March 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- March 7th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 4th, 2011 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 2nd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- March 1st, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Saved by the 'sinner's prayer'|
How many times have you heard TV evangelist say…and popular religious columnist write that all one has to do to be saved is just "Pray this prayer with me…" then they quote or repeat the "sinner's prayer...Dear God, I confess that I am a sinner and I believe in Jesus as my personal Savior, and I dedicate my life to him."
Then the TV evangelist…or the religious writer says, "When you have done this we believe you have been born again …and are saved." I have in my study one of the Gideon Bibles such as are found in every hotel and motel room in America…which has this same thing added as "My decision to receive Christ as my savior".
Now, folks, we all know that there are many different denominations teaching different ways of salvation. This is true in both Catholic and Protestant denominations. Everyone who studies and believes Bible knows that this is against God's will as is clearly seen in I Corinthians 1:10-13. I appeal to you brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no division (denominations) among you 'Paul'…another, 'I follow Apollos', another, 'I follow Christ'. Is Christ Divided."
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Leonard Gray is a retired foreign missionary. If you would like to talk to him about this or any other religion related subject, you may call him at (318) 299-7610.