Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Steps taken to improve school test results
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- February 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- February 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 18th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- February 17th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- February 15th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- February 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- February 1st, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Steps taken to improve school test results|
While state standardized testing is scheduled to begin late next month, Ouachita Parish Schools has already begun implementing several new policies to improve test scores.
Superintendent Dr. Bob Webber said school officials are looking to improve on 2010's district performance score.
Ouachita Parish Schools' 2010 district performance score caused the school system to fall out of the top 10 of all Louisiana school systems for the first time in a number of years.
The school system is currently ranked 14th in the state regarding district performance scores. For many years this decade, Ouachita Parish Schools was ranked in the top five of all school systems in the state.
The Louisiana Department of Education had a goal for every school in the state to have a School Performance Score (SPS) of 100. The majority of schools in the Ouachita Parish school system reached or exceeded that goal.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!