Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Dianne Cage: New York, going red and deviled eggs
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- February 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- February 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 18th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- February 17th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- February 15th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- February 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- February 1st, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Dianne Cage: New York, going red and deviled eggs|
"O what a beautiful morning, o what beautiful day, I've got a beautiful feeling everything is going my way!" I love that song. It makes me happy and starts my day on a good note! When Mike Cage hears me singing that song, he gets this funny look on his face and I will not tell you what he says but it is something like, "When are we going to New York?" If you have never been to the Big Apple or have not been in a long time, you must plan a trip. It does not have to cost a fortune.
One can spend $ to $$$$ on hotels, restaurants, theater tickets, airline tickets and there is so much to see and do and something for everyone in every price range. It truly is the greatest city in this world and one of my very favorite places. One of Mike Cage's favorite places to eat is on the corner of Lexington and 57th Street, the very best Gyro in the whole world, better than any we had in Athens.
Do not forget the "GO RED FOR WOMEN" gala to be held Feb. 24 at the Washington Plaza. It is going to be so much fun. If you have not gotten your Red Purse Raffle ticket for $5 run quick, quick, quick. Call MISTY CORDELL. For $5 per ticket you get a chance for a Red Valentino Bow Shopping Tote, valued at $1,000 and it is good looking! Make it your key mission to fight heart disease in women in this 2011. This is hard to believe heart disease is still the No. 1 killer of women. Mike's darling Mother, Virginia, died way too early from heart disease. If we had known what we know now she would probably be with us today and would she have loved all these grandchildren and great grandchildren.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Dianne Cage writes a bi-weekly lifestyle column for The Ouachita Citizen. She and her husband, Mike Cage, live in Monroe.