Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Restaurants on rise in Ouachita
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- February 24th, 2011 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- February 23rd, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 18th, 2011 (Friday) - 2 articles
- February 17th, 2011 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- February 15th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 10th, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- February 9th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- February 8th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- February 3rd, 2011 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- February 1st, 2011 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Restaurants on rise in Ouachita|
I have asked myself what has caused the explosion of new restaurants in Ouachita Parish. In this period of a weak economy why have at least 12 new restaurants opened for business in the past year?
Restaurants are classified as a 'need' based business. That means if there were no restaurants we would all starve to death or have to survive off our wives' cooking. And in some cases that's a gruesome thought.
Money spent in restaurants ranks only behind supermarkets and fuel in per capita dollars (not including transportation). Does anyone really know how much they spend in fast food or sit-down restaurants every month? Someone told me they hid their wife's Christmas present in the oven because they knew it wouldn't be discovered. Many homes could do without kitchens if they had a place to put a microwave and a refrigerator.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Bill Roark is a Commercial Associate Broker at Keller Williams Realty and may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.