Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: WM student accepted into West Point
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- January 27th, 2011 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- January 26th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 25th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 20th, 2011 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- January 19th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 13th, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- January 11th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2011 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- January 6th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- January 5th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|WM student accepted into West Point|
By Sgt. Robin Carpenter
Special to The Citizen
Less than one year after enlisting in the Louisiana National Guard, Pvt. Kele Bole is about to make a leap most Soldiers only dream of. This summer she will join the ranks of cadets at the United States Military Academy at West Point.
Bole attended basic training at Fort Jackson in Columbia, S.C., after joining the Guard in March 2010. Before enlisting, she had no plans of pursuing an education from West Point.
"I was planning to go to LSU and major in kinesiology," said the now 18 year-old Bole, a senior at West Monroe High School. This summer Bole was scheduled to attend advanced individual training to become a combat medic and then join the 39th Military Police Company in Delhi.
Bole's plans quickly changed after one phone call. She now anticipates reporting to the New York campus as a cadet in July.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!