Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Dianne Cage: The Rose Bowl and beans
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- December 2011 - 152 articles
- November 2011 - 151 articles
- October 2011 - 169 articles
- September 2011 - 200 articles
- August 2011 - 156 articles
- July 2011 - 160 articles
- June 2011 - 194 articles
- May 2011 - 166 articles
- April 2011 - 164 articles
- March 2011 - 204 articles
- February 2011 - 151 articles
- January 2011 - 162 articles
- January 27th, 2011 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- January 26th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- January 25th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 20th, 2011 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- January 19th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- January 13th, 2011 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- January 11th, 2011 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- January 10th, 2011 (Monday) - 1 articles
- January 9th, 2011 (Sunday) - 3 articles
- January 6th, 2011 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- January 5th, 2011 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Dianne Cage: The Rose Bowl and beans|
If you missed the Rose Bowl Parade on New Years Day, you missed a real treat! It was absolutely amazing and so beautiful. I tried to call all my family and friends to watch and could not get a single soul. The commentators were really knowledgeable and made it very interesting and exciting.
There was some flower guru telling what and how went into the creation of these magnificent works of art. The man hours, the hundreds of thousands of flowers from Roses to Mums, Carnations to Orchids, to coffee beans, whole and ground in to a fine powder, to create effects that exploded in your mind. I only wish I could have been there! It made you proud of our country and the freedom we all enjoy! I will try and remind you next year to put this event on your list of must things to watch. I do not think even VICTOR CASCIO could describe this beautiful display and arrangement of flowers.
My New Year's resolution and I mean it! I am not going to say one single thing about anyone unless it is something I would say to their face and I am going to say only good things, unless someone pushes the wrong button! Oh dear! Sometimes when you say something and it is repeated, it is not the same story. So be careful what you say. My daughter has a saying, that she reminds me of every now and then, "Is it true, is it important and is it hurtful." I have realized that whatever you think of someone like character or personality, most everyone thinks the same thing. Years ago, I signed up for a six-week Bible study on the Book of James. Now James says if you even think a bad thought, it is a sin. You can't help thinking something and if it is bad, you can think something positive about the thought. I do not agree with James on that point!
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Dianne Cage writes a bi-weekly lifestyle column for The Ouachita Citizen. She and her husband, Mike Cage, live in Monroe.