Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Jones named chairman of judiciary committee
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- December 30th, 2010 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- December 23rd, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- December 22nd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- December 16th, 2010 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- December 15th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2010 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 9th, 2010 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- December 7th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 2nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Jones named chairman of judiciary committee|
Louisiana House Speaker Jim Tucker recently named state Rep. Rosalind Jones, as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.
"Rosalind is a conscientious and dedicated legislator. I have every confidence that with her legal background she will help provide progressive leadership for the committee," Tucker said.
Jones thanked the speaker for "the vote of confidence" and said she was honored by the appointment.
"The Judiciary Committee has jurisdiction over our state court system, civil defense, disaster protection, and law enforcement, among others. All of these agencies are directly related to ensuring a safe environment for our citizens and therefore is of high importance to our state. Further, serving as chairman will enable me to give the people of our district a stronger voice in the decision making process of state government. I look forward to the challenges of this new role," she said.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!