Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Martha Jane Anderson: The most wonderful time of the year
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- December 30th, 2010 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- December 23rd, 2010 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- December 22nd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- December 16th, 2010 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- December 15th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- December 11th, 2010 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- December 9th, 2010 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- December 7th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- December 6th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- December 2nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 41 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Martha Jane Anderson: The most wonderful time of the year|
Former President of the Senate of Louisiana, Randy Ewing, and his lovely wife, Rosemary, have just returned from a week in New York where Randy served as the Chairman of the "Committee of 100" Louisiana businessmen who are building relationships to bring business and industry to our state. Because I was an only child, Rosemary and Randy have been the closest family to me for 50 years. I told Randy that the Lord took care of him by not letting him get elected governor and missing the tragedies of handling both hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Randy's reply was, "But Martha, I would have known what to do." Randy and Rosemary, we salute your constant pursuit of excellence in all that you do.
Forrest Landry Sartor hosted the annual Delta Delta Delta Christmas Pine Party at her fabulous "Upper Pargoud Plantation" home. Among the collegians attending the party were: Caroline Nelson, Ann Marie Martin, Katie Green, Eliza Sartor, Abby Shaw, Diane Sartor, Hannah Hakim, Melinda Humble, Hayley Herrington and Claire Kostelka. The friendly and loyal friend and Tri Delta, Kelley Keahy Cummins, was there meeting and greeting and making all feel welcome. Kelley's friends refer laughingly to her beautiful and well-stocked home as the Ritz-Cummins.
Anna Claire Seymour and Jean Mintz entertained friends with a Christmas Brunch at the Seymour Home on Point Drive. The decorations were outstanding as Anna Claire grouped her favorite nutcrackers in the great room, the Santas in the kitchen, and other antique collections throughout the house. The buffet was plentiful and the favorite dish was the onion souffle. The soup of the day was hot tomato basil with a dollop of sour cream.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Martha Jane Anderson retired from University of Louisiana-Monroe after 35 years of service as Assistant Dean of Students and SGA Advisor. She is married to Patrick H. Anderson Sr., has two children, and four grandchildren.