Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Stay focused on God-given dreams
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- November 30th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 27th, 2010 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- November 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- November 24th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 38 articles
- November 22nd, 2010 (Monday) - 2 articles
- November 19th, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- November 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- November 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 13th, 2010 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- November 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- November 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 6th, 2010 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- November 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- November 3rd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Stay focused on God-given dreams|
Has there ever been a time in your life when your life did not make any sense? You may be going through a time like this presently. The story of Joseph that is found in Genesis chapters 37 through 50 is one of my preferred accounts of a Bible character.
Now here is a guy who lived a Godly life, but misfortune always seemingly derailed the dream that he was seeking. Joseph never gave up. Joseph never blamed anyone else. Joseph persevered no matter what happened to him. And most of all, he trusted God. He believed in his dream and he remained focused on his dream no matter what.
The story of Joseph's life is a paradigm for successful living. Joseph's family were sheep herders. Joseph was his father's favorite son. And the jealousy that this generated created an unhealthy family environment. This harmful atmosphere surrounding Joseph would drastically change his life at the age of 17. The trials of danger that this teenager would face in the coming years had just begun.
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.