Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Seminar focuses on grief during holidays
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- November 30th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 27th, 2010 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- November 25th, 2010 (Thursday) - 2 articles
- November 24th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 38 articles
- November 22nd, 2010 (Monday) - 2 articles
- November 19th, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- November 18th, 2010 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- November 16th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- November 13th, 2010 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- November 11th, 2010 (Thursday) - 46 articles
- November 9th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- November 6th, 2010 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- November 4th, 2010 (Thursday) - 42 articles
- Tigers, Wildcats tangle
- River Oaks begins playoffs
- Sterlington battles J-Hodge
- WMHS travels to Pineville Rebels
- Lions look to earn milestone win
- Warriors look to extend season vs. Oak Grove
- West Ouachita ends 2010 season against Bastrop
- Carroll, Richwood clash
- OCS, Cedar Creek end district slate
- Local recruit ready to guide ULM
- Warhawks back in SBC title talk
- LSU faces SEC showdown with Saban, Tide
- 'Battle of the Bone' comes to Ruston
- November a critical month
- Traveling Vietnam War Memorial Wall on display in Monroe this weekend
- Fallen soldier honored
- Refinance saves OPSB $650,000
- Alexander, Dardenne, Vitter carry Ouachita
- New ULM president: 'I don't plan to fail'
- Mayo pledges to do more for homeless
- Police jury signs off on stimulus funding
- Mobile dental health unit pays dividends for community
- WMHS plans Veterans Day event
- No more Daylight Savings Time
- Have a good laugh, live longer
- Officials kick off adoption awareness month
- Chili's teams up with CASA
- Christmas project aims to make holiays happy
- Entergy donates $5,000 to Crosley
- Seminar focuses on grief during holidays
- Parish courthouse evolved from meager beginnings
- Dianne Cage: 'Granny's Adventures' & party time
- Louisiana Bayou Blulebird Society meets
- WM seminar targets young adults
- Monroe workshop aids grant seekers
- Flu shots for seniors at WOSC
- Kiroli announces honor roll for first six weeks
- Parade applications available
- Wagon Wheel Ministries plans winter revival, clinics
- Obituaries published on Nov. 4, 2010
- Weekly devotional and church listing: Nov. 4, 2010
- Riverbarge Road closure rescheduled
- November 3rd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Seminar focuses on grief during holidays|
"Surviving the Holidays," a seminar to help people coping with grief over the loss of a loved one, will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 16, at Forsythe Avenue Church of Christ in Monroe.
The seminar is a joint ministry of Forsythe Avenue Church of Christ and White's Ferry Road Church of Christ.
Organizers say the encouraging seminar will not only help attendees survive the holidays during their time of grief but also discover new reasons to enjoy them again.
"Surviving the Holidays" is a seminar led by people just like you who have gone through the same things you are experiencing. We will be talking about holiday survival issues followed by a group discussion where you can ask questions and get personal help.
Participants will find practical answers to these and other questions:
• Is it normal to feel so depressed during the holidays?
• How do I deal with the pain of the holiday season?
• Should I accept or decline invitations to holiday parties?
• What should I do if I get emotional at a party or event?
• How can God and others help me this holiday season?
• Will I ever enjoy the holidays again?
Pre-registration for the free seminar is requested but not required.
Call Carol or Royce Ogle at 665-0569 or Email: email@example.com for more information.