Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Arkansas handles ULM, 31-7
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- September 30th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- September 29th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 3 articles
- September 25th, 2010 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- September 24th, 2010 (Friday) - 2 articles
- September 23rd, 2010 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- September 22nd, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- September 21st, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 20th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 19th, 2010 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- September 18th, 2010 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 17th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 16th, 2010 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- September 14th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 13th, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- September 11th, 2010 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- September 10th, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 9th, 2010 (Thursday) - 38 articles
- September 8th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 2 articles
- September 7th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- September 4th, 2010 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- September 3rd, 2010 (Friday) - 1 articles
- September 2nd, 2010 (Thursday) - 30 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Arkansas handles ULM, 31-7|
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett threw for 400 yards as the No. 14 Razorbacks defeated ULM, 31-7, on Saturday night (September 11) in the season opener for the Warhawks. Arkansas led by just seven at the half before increasing its advantage after the break.
The Warhawks and Razorbacks traded possessions early in the contest, with ULM punting on a pair of occasions and an Arkansas drive stalling when ULM junior defensive end Ken Dorsey caused and recovered a fumble from Mallett.
Arkansas opened the scoring on its second possession as Mallett found Greg Childs in the end zone for a 19-yard touchdown pass with 5:48 to play in the first quarter. The score capped a seven-play, 74-yard drive for the Razorbacks.
The ULM offense began moving the ball on its first possession of the second quarter, a five-yard run by senior Zach Rhodes on a fake punt helped to keep the drive alive. On the next play, redshirt freshman running back Jyruss Edwards gained 17 yards to get the Warhawks to the Arkansas 39-yard line, but the ULM drive stalled after a sack, forcing the Warhawks to punt.
On its final drive of the half, the Razorbacks moved into ULM territory before Mallett threw an interception to senior safety Alex Ibe at the 32-yard line. Ibe returned it 20 yards to the Arkansas 48, just 1:03 before the intermission.
At the break, Arkansas held a 217-58 advantage in total offense, but the Razorbacks also committed a pair of turnovers to none by ULM.
Arkansas and ULM traded punts on the first two possessions of the second half before the Razorbacks found the end zone on their second possession.
With a short field, Arkansas went 33 yards in seven plays, capped by a Mallett one-yard sneak across the goal line to increase the Razorbacks advantage to 14-0 with 6:12 remaining in the third quarter. Arkansas increased its advantage with a 26-yard field goal from Zach Hocker with 12:53 to play in the fourth quarter.
Mallett hooked-up with Childs for a second time from 18 yards out, giving the Razorbacks a 24-0 lead with 8:46 to play.
Following Mallett's second touchdown pass, ULM got on the board with a nine-play, 77-yard touchdown drive. Redshirt freshman quarterback Kolton Browning made runs of 13, 11 and nine yards on the drive to put the Warhawks in scoring position. Browning finished the drive off by finding junior wide receiver Luther Ambrose over the middle for 25 yards and a Warhawk touchdown.
Browning finished the night 7-of-17 through the air for 74 yards and a touchdown, while his counterpart Mallett went 28-of-43 for 400 yards and three touchdowns. Greg Childs caught 12 passes for the Razorbacks for 146 yards to lead all receivers.
Senior running back Frank Goodin led ULM on the ground with 44 yards on 12 carries. Broderick Green was Arkansas' leading rusher with 45 yards on 12 carries.
The Warhawks held Arkansas to 99 total rushing yards, ULM has held seven of its last 12 opponents to less than 100 yards on the ground.
Defensively, junior linebacker Jason Edwards had 11 total tackles, including nine solos, and sophomore safety Khairi Usher made 10 tackles.
ULM begins Sun Belt Conference play next Saturday (September 18) as it travels to Arkansas State. The contest with the Red Wolves is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m., and can be seen live on the Sun Belt Network.
ARK – Mallett 19-yard pass to Childs (Hocker kick), 5:48, 1st 7-0
ARK – Mallett 1-yard run (Hocker kick), 6:12, 2nd 14-0
ARK – Hocker 26-yard field goal, 12:53, 3rd 17-0
ARK – Mallett 18-yard pass to Childs (Hocker kick), 8:46, 4th 24-0
ULM – Browning 25-yard pass to Ambrose (Jabour kick), 5:12, 4th 24-7
ARK – Mallett 35-yard pass to Wingo (Hocker kick), 3:23, 4th 31-7
(Report courtesy ulmwarhawks.com)