Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: SAR offers Eagle Scout scholarship
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- August 31st, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- August 3rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 2nd, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|SAR offers Eagle Scout scholarship|
The James Huey Chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution is accepting applications for the annual Eagle Scout Essay Competition. The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, Nov. 30.
The S.A.R. Eagle Scout Recognition and Scholarship program is open to all Eagle Scouts, who are currently active and registered in a Boy Scout unit and have not reached their 19th birthday during the calendar year of application.
The application consists of two pages of personal information, plus a four-generation ancestry chart and a 500-word Revolutionary War essay on a patriotic theme.
The winner of the S.A.R. local chapter competition receives a medal and a $100 cash prize, and is automatically entered in the S.A.R. state competition. The winner of the state competition receives a $500 U.S. savings bond and a trophy, and is automatically entered in the Na tional Society's Eagle Scout Competition to vie for $14,000 in college scholarships.
Complete instructions for entering the competition may be found at the S.A.R. web site: www.sar.org, under the heading of Education/Youth or by calling Dr. Chris Owens at 397-8353 or email email@example.com for more information.