Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Weekly devotional and church listings: August 26, 2010
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- August 31st, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- August 3rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 2nd, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Weekly devotional and church listings: August 26, 2010|
By ANDY GRANT
I received this e-mail from a friend of mine who lives in the Los Angeles area. In fact this is a person that I had not seen since Junior High School and on our 40th class reunion, in 2004, he showed up to be with the classmates he started school with. Since that time he and I have corresponded by e-mail quite a bit.
As I read this story I was reminded of another great story, that also has a fabulous plot, "The Touch of the Master's Hand, " by Myra B. Welch. If you have not read this poem I recommend it highly because of the message it gives to you.
So often we look to the world to supply our every need and believe that if we had just one item our troubles would cease to be over. To often we are looking in the wrong places for fulfillment. All of us want our worldly possessions and we want to be loved and accepted.
The truth is that we only need one person to eliminate our troubles and problems. All He asks is that we believe!
For the full story, subscribe to the The Ouachita Citizen's NEW E-Edition!