Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Chamber to host childhood obesity conference
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- December 2010 - 176 articles
- November 2010 - 187 articles
- October 2010 - 180 articles
- September 2010 - 198 articles
- August 2010 - 154 articles
- August 31st, 2010 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 26th, 2010 (Thursday) - 33 articles
- August 25th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 19th, 2010 (Thursday) - 36 articles
- August 18th, 2010 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- August 17th, 2010 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- August 12th, 2010 (Thursday) - 40 articles
- August 5th, 2010 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- August 3rd, 2010 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 2nd, 2010 (Monday) - 1 articles
- July 2010 - 197 articles
- June 2010 - 148 articles
- May 2010 - 167 articles
- April 2010 - 241 articles
- March 2010 - 170 articles
- February 2010 - 167 articles
- January 2010 - 154 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Chamber to host childhood obesity conference|
The West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce is hosting a conference to help the Ouachita Parish School System tackle the issue of childhood obesity.
The event will be held from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday, Aug. 16, at the West Monroe Convention Center.
West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber president Mary Ann Newton said there a number of speakers scheduled for the event.
They include Dr. Terry King, a pediatric interventional cardiologist from Monroe; Dr. Wilson Campbell, professor of Kinesiology at the University of Louisiana-Monroe; Dr. Peter Katzmarzyk, associate professor for population science at Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge; Jodi Valentine, a marriage and family therapist; and Dr. Florencetta Gibson, director and professor of nursing at ULM.
Childhood obesity is an issue the parish school system must deal with as more and more children have become less active and overweight.
August's summit is one of several events the chamber has conducted with Ouachita Parish Schools over the past several years. A majority of these summits has dealt with the dropout issue and assisting at-risk students.